Rest in peace, Jerry Orbach.
As usual, I was going to write a long goodbye to beloved Jerry, man of a thousand talents, including a Broadway star, though best-known as the tough NY cop who made you laugh with his clever and cynical one-liners on Law & Order (which as you all know has been my favorite show since I was about 12). But I'm not going to. It's too sad.
I just feel so horrible. As with most deaths, it seems so sudden and so totally wrong to the fabric of one's life. I will really really miss him. I will miss the new Law & Order; Trial by Jury epsiodes I would have seen him in (he did film some). I will miss him each time I see his delightful "Lumiere" dancing around the tabletop in Disney's Beauty and the Beast. I will miss the Broadway shows I would finally have been able to see him in since I live here. Of course, I will continue to do what I've been doing all along -- watching those reruns with him on TNT.
I know he was a good person "irl" as well. If I can be so bold as to quote a friend who actually knew him personally, she described him as "wonderful, smart, generous, ...funny (in a hammy kind of way), -- just a decent person." Oh, and staunch Democrat as well! I am so envious that he was a part of her life. And due to that, I'm sure she's hurting much more than I am at this moment.
We lost a great one yesterday. Goodnight, sweet prince. Your absence will be felt.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment