Rock Lobster Shack. MMmm!Waipapa Bay, New Zealand. Late 2006.
We stopped here on our long, languid, and lovely trip through the south island to munch on some rock lobster. Kiwis call them "crayfish," though they're the size of a large American lobster and a lot scarier looking. A little pricey, but giant and delicious (though unfortunately, not as giant as the one featured atop their shack). Also sadly, despite repeated washings, I could NOT get the lobster stink out of my fingers all day. I know, ew.
Also back at home on the north island, a neighbor in our town delivered us a shoebox with two giant rock lobsters inside that they had simply plucked out of the ocean (apparently children often swim down and get them themselves). To them, it was just a snack from the sea, to us, it was seafood luxury!
1 comment:
I want fried chicken.
Post a Comment