Thursday, April 02, 2009

This Gnome Used to Have Some Dignity

It wasn't that long ago that I was walking across our carpark and Tonks starting barking her head off at some of the ground cover along the house. This groundcover is a plant with long, thick green blades...like grass gone B-movie.

She was still going at it, her hackles up, and I peered into the plants and saw something. My heart leapt into my throat. An animal? There are only so many four-legged critters in New Zealand, most of them introduced pests of some sort. This was something little and orange.

Taking a closer look, I saw that it was one of a few gnomes that the owners had decorated their gardens with. It had hair, a cute little straw hat, some sort outerwear, and feet the size of a hobbit. Somehow it had spooked Tonks into believing it was an animate object. Who knows? Maybe it comes alive when your back is turned. I calmed her down and went back inside.

A few days later, the gnome had mysteriously disappeared.

A day after that...I found the straw hat laying in the front yard, on the other side of the house. Bits of his hair were strewn here and there.

*sigh*

I had to assume foul play. I only have one suspect.

I finally found his body....far from his original post or his hat or hair. And here he stands today. Poor thing. It's going to take a lot of therapy to get over this shit.

9 comments:

Beachgal said...

LOLOLOLOLOL

house sheep said...

The demon hobbit probably tried to break into your house, and Tonks bravely defended your lives and property, at great peril.

And now your BRING IT IN THE HOUSE.

May God have mercy upon your soul.

J. Cullinane said...

Hmmmm now I'm starting to think about Cat's Eye. Did any of you see that terrible movie with Drew Barrymore?? Where the evil gnomes are in the house trying to kill her (she's like E.T. age) and the cat is protecting her??

*shiver*

Hmmm maybe that gnome needs to go back outside...

catsheep said...

Cat's Eye is the first thing that came to my mind. But I didn't want to creep you out even more...

Beau said...

Okay thats it!! That damm gnome is going for a swim in the South Pacific

Spongie said...

You might toss it in the ocean, but the next day he's back... and then you'd know you were in trouble!

I bet he was responsible for the crash, too.

J. Cullinane said...

I'm starting to get shit scared now.

Btw, Beau has already removed it from the house.

muahaha sheep said...

Do you ever wake up at night to find the moonlight casting round, misshapen shadows on your walls?

J. Cullinane said...

GAAAHHH!