I hate this war, I hate this war, I hate this war. Was this REALLY necessary? REALLY? Would Dubya place his God-fearing left hand on a stack of Bible's, raise his right hand and claim that our Lord could strike him down where he stood if he is lying (a favorite expression of my grandparents)??? Could he do it with a straight face? I have watched televised tomes of this war, despite the fact that it's only been a week. It's like watching Monday Night Football in the U.S. All the flash, graphics, and enthusiasm, yes, ENTHUSIASM for this. Though some of the enthusiasm seems to have waned since a higher majority of troops seem to be dying in "friendly fire" (hahahah what a ridiculous term!), then by Iraqi soldiers. And Dubya and that scary Rumsfeld seem indignant that the entire country didn't fall like a house of cards and the Iraqis didn't fall to their knees in adulation. Put it this way... I am no great fan of George W. Bush. I didn't vote for him, and I think he's been a fantastically flawed President (to put it diplomatically). If he was gone tomorrow, I might just throw a party here, complete with cake and confetti. And yet, I wouldn't want a massive, highly-technological force of Mongolian soldiers marching into Washington D.C., intent on murdering him and "freeing" me.
WHY WHY WHY didn't we just assassinate Hussein?? Was this SO damn impossible to do? If we hate him so much and want his "regime" to end, couldn't we have sent in some specialized spy to stab him, poison him, blow him up? Is this that naive of me to believe? Must we sacrifice probably thousands of people (on both sides), to get one man (and his sprawling family)? Are we really going to unearth the mother load of mass destruction? Is crippling the UN worth it? I volunteer as assassin. Can I get away with wearing a burka in Bagdhad? That might get me through. I could strap some explosives to my body and play the great martyr. Better me than thousands of others. Isn't that the point? No civilian casualties?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment