judice with you. (Some begging was required).That's a 6+ hour mini-series folks. A PERIOD piece, a COSTUME drama. A movie of witty, yet antiquated dialogue. Men in stuffy shirts, women in somewhat shapeless dresses. No guns, no car chases, not much cleavage. Just some crusty aristocratic scandals to whip it up. And your wife is slobbering over "Mr. Darcy" (Colin *pant* Firth) throughout.
He loves me!
P.S. If any of you women have seen this film, you know EXACTLY which scene this "look" is from. *SWOO*
7 comments:
I'd only watch it if he promised to get in a dust-up with rival aristocrat Hugh Grant.
Well, technically, it's the SAME Mr. Darcy, and he DOES get into a somewhat dust-up with Wickham (the Hugh Grant of the REAL version), who is also a handsome cad, so hey! Consider watching it with Jillian and making both your lives fuller! (And giving her eye candy at the same time!)
The BBC miniseries was excellent. I didn't see how the recent film version could possibly have improved upon it.
I lurve that series! I watched it ages ago, but missed it the last time it was on here. I should buy it..
I read Pride and Prejudice for the first time when I was living in Thailand and DEVOURING books. I always shied away from Jane Austen thinking they would be stuffy, boring, English literature (sorry Spongie!). Little did I know just how much I would love her books!
I knew of the mini-series, and immediately after reading P&P I logged onto Amazon only to see that the DVD wasn't coming out for a few weeks! Torture! When it finally arrived (oh the shipping costs!) I was ecstatic and watched the whole thing in one go. *LOVE*
And Spongie, I never watched the movie version. I was always afraid I'd be too disappointed. Who else could ever be my Darcy save for Colin Firth?
I have no idea where to find this on DVD... Today I bought the one with Keira Knightly but I was -looking- for the one with Colin Firth.
I've never read Austen; being educated at a boys' school, we did Shakespeare. The death and violence kept us entertained... :)
Laz - I just looked and Amazon.com has the BBC version (DVD regional coding and all that).
Post a Comment