Tuesday, August 14, 2007

More Proof I Work With Crazy People - Part II

Sort of update: Sally is already back to work, because as she says, "I can't not work. I have to be working! It's important to me!" This sounded admirable to me, though I thought she did come back awfully fast (after not quite a week). But then as the conversation progressed, she informed me that she was working with her doctor to get disability due to her back problems, so she would only have to work 15 hours a week ever again. Well!

She is all excited and showing off photos of her new baby boy. Of course, she never said anything about adoption (whether or not that was really what was going on, that's her business), but what she DID tell me was this:

Sally: I had my tubes tied. This wasn't supposed to happen.
Me: Really!? Did you have them "tied" or were they burnt off? (I have heard of ones that were literally tied coming undone and women getting pregnant).
Sally: I don't know, all I told them was that there better not be a chance in hell I get pregnant again.
Me: Wow, so much for that.
Sally: Yeah, but they're giving me another free surgery. So, I'll make sure this time!

And now she's in her early 20's with THREE boys (yikes) and working at Shop-n-Smile. Life can't be easy.
-------------------------------------------------------------

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have to admit, though, with 3 boys at home...you might be chomping at the bit to come back to work, too. ;)

J. Cullinane said...

No doubt.